ESPOMA ORGANIC AFRICAN VIOLET MIX 4QT
|Availability:||In stock (11)|
This product is regionally formulated from 35-45% sphagnum peat moss, materials derived from one or more of the following (aged forest products, humus and/or composted rice hulls), perlite, limestone to adjust pH and yucca extract.
In New Hampshire this product contains Canadian sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, humus, perlite, limestone to adjust pH and yucca extract.
In California and Oregon this product contains Canadian sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, humus, perlite, limestone to adjust pH and yucca extract.
- Select a container that is larger than your plants current pot, and has a drainage hole at the bottom with the tray beneath it to catch excess water.
- To prevent soil from escaping, add a layer of small stones to the bottom of the container.
- Fill container 1/3 full with Espoma Organic African Violet Mix.
- Carefully remove the plant from its current container and gently loosen the root ball.
- Center the plant in the new container and fill it with additional potting mix.
- Allow at least 1 inch between the rim of the pot in the top of the soil.
- Gently pat down the next and add more if required. Make sure the plant is about the same depth in the soil as it was in the original container.
- Water plant thoroughly and allow to drain. Do not allow water to touch leaves as this may cause water spots.