JONATHAN GREEN BLACK BEAUTY ULTRA 25#
|Availability:||In stock (24)|
Jonathan Green Black Beauty® Ultra Grass Seed mixture combines our most elite Black Beauty® tall fescue seed varieties with our best Kentucky bluegrass to fill in bare spots quickly and invigorate worn-out lawns. Black Beauty® Ultra also contains premium perennial ryegrass for fast germination and wear tolerance in lawns that experience heavy traffic. The Black Beauty® Ultra seed grows naturally dark-green turf and is most similar to the Black Beauty® seed mixtures that sod growers purchase from us to grow high-quality sod within one year. This seed germinates in 7-14 days.
- Fast establishment in newly seeded lawns, and fills in bare spots quickly in thin lawns
- Grows a lush dark-green lawn in full sun to partial shade growing conditions
- Excellent heat and disease resistance as well as drought tolerance
- Once you’ve seen a Black Beauty® Ultra lawn you’ll never forget it!
- Mow – Mow the lawn at the lowest mower setting before seeding to allow the seed to reach the soil.
- Rake – Rake over the existing grass with a metal rake to remove the thatch layer and any debris to loosen the soil. Add additional topsoil to fill in holes and level the ground.
- Check soil pH level – Have a soil test taken to check your soil’s pH level. Optimum soil pH should be between 6.2 to 7.0. For a pH below 6.2 use Jonathan Green Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil to rapidly increase pH. If the pH is above 7.0 use Mag-I-Cal® Plus for Lawns in Alkaline & Hard Soil to rapidly decrease the soil pH.
- 1 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 400 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 200 sq. ft.
- 3 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 600 sq. ft.
- 7 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 2,800 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 1,400 sq. ft.
- 25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Tall Fescues & Kentucky Bluegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Excellent
Shade Tolerance: Excellent
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade (4 – 8 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 7 – 14 days